11.30.2011

Birthday Celebration

So today is my birthday, and, although, I know I am relatively young...I feel old.  I remember the good ol' days of waking up on Saturday mornings to watch some cartoons.  School work was so simple a little addition there and a little reading there.  Then moved to High School where the weekends began filling up, but basically no stress (at least looking back it was not stressful).  Then College was a bit more busy and classes required me to study.  Now that I am in Grad School living on my own I feel as if I have no time whatsoever to myself and life just seems so much more.

The best part though is that I love it so much, this feeling old, I love it.  The ability to fix whatever I want whenever I want is in one word: awesome.  Having my own apartment the way I want and able to do whatever I want is again in one word: awesome.  So needless to say feeling old comes with the feeling of awesome.  Now I need to be clear by the word awesome I mean its actual definition.  The ability to be awe inspired, not the laxidasical definition that this modern day has imposed...again a feeling of being old.

Well as I stated yesterday I am going to begin a challenge tomorrow for myself for the following month.  The challenge will be to eliminate all sugary drinks from my diet...so no Mt. Dew.  I will also be kicking out any alcoholic beverages except for when I am out, cause I don't want to be antisocial.

Laters, 'til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment